Course Materials Return Policy
Textbooks and other course materials are considered seasonal merchandise.
Return deadlines can be found on our Dates and Events page. Return deadlines for summer sessions, shorter terms and other special length classes vary. Contact the Textbook Department for details.
The following conditions must be met before a refund will be given:
1. A CASH REGISTER RECEIPT must be presented for returns on course materials purchased in-store.
2. Proof of purchase must be presented in-store for returns on course materials purchased online. If you used Book Charging, you will need your cash register receipt. If you paid via credit card or gift card, you will need your Packing List.
3. The original payment method must also be presented in-store for all exchanges on course materials purchased online. (Example: The credit card used to place the order)
4. NEW COURSE MATERIALS must be in ORIGINAL CONDITION, in the original wrapping in many cases, free from any damage, writing, or highlighting. Packages must be returned with ALL components.
5. Course materials purchased as used will be refunded as used.
6. Course Packs printed at the NDSU Document Publishing Center are not returnable and will be marked as such.
7. Course materials purchased by check may be accepted for return with cash refund seven business days after purchase to allow check to clear the bank. A store credit can be issued in lieu of waiting for check to clear.
8. A NDSU photo ID must be presented.
9. Requests to return course materials from students withdrawing from the university will be taken into consideration on a case by case basis after the return deadline. Official university paperwork reflecting withdrawal must be presented along with a NDSU ID and NDSU Bookstore receipt.
10. Refunds will be given in the original method of payment. Credit card numbers are not printed on your receipt. You must present the credit card or have the credit card number and expiration date in order to get credit.
For more information about course materials, please contact Brent Seewald-Marquardt at (701)-231-8015 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org