For buyback dates, check the Dates and Events page.
- Textbook buyback takes place at the end of each semester in an effort to recycle titles that will be used the next semester.
- For daily buyback prices, visist the NDSU Bookstore Customer Service desk. *Students must have their NDSU ID to sell books.
What determines the price one receives when a textbook is sold back?
1. Textbooks adopted by professors for the following term and when inventory is needed are bought back during the end of semester buyback at up to 50% of the purchase price.
2. Textbooks not adopted for the following semester OR if the NDSU Bookstore has met its purchase quota on books adopted for the following semester will be bought back at the current wholesale value. That price is determined by national demand, edition status, and inventory at the wholesaler's warehouse.
3. Whether or not the book has all its pieces (CDs, kits, etc., if applicable). The NDSU Bookstore does not buy back examination, desk, professor or other complimentary copies of textbooks from professors nor international copies of books. We will not buy books with water or other excessive damage. Books with excessive damage that are shipped to us or our buyback partners will be returned. If you have questions about the condition of your book for resale, contact us for further information.
Maximize your buyback dollars: First and foremost, arrive at buyback early. Bring your books to our buyback counter as soon as you no longer need them for finals. The longer you wait to sell your books, the greater the chance that the bookstore will already have enough copies and not need yours.
Try the CONVENIENCE and READY CASH you receive when you make the NDSU Bookstore your FIRST CHOICE stop to sell back your books.
You MUST show your Official NDSU ID at the time you sell your books. Please be aware of your rented vs. purchased books. If you receive cash back for rented books, you will be charged fees for non-returned rentals and we are unable to reverse the transaction later. If you have an outstanding book charging balance at the time of book buyback, you must apply the money received towards your balance. Failure to pay book charges will result in a hold on your account, the inability to register for classes and prevent you from charging your books to your account in the future.
For more information about textbook buyback, please contact Brent Seewald-Marquardt at (701)-231-8015 or send email to email@example.com