Faculty Adoption Information
Course Material Requisition Options:
For further questions and more information:
The timely submission of your Course Material Requisitions helps us save students money by allowing us to order early and maximize the number of used books we can provide for students. Students are more likely to perceive the value of your required course materials when you make the course materials an integral part of your course by referring to them and testing from them.
Course Pack & Copyright Clearance service is offered in cooperation with Document Publishing on campus. We will arrange to print your course packs and get copyright clearance as necessary for copyrighted content that you wish to include in your course pack. Please submit a bibliography of items needing copyright clearance and allow six to eight weeks for multiple citations needing copyright clearance. Clean master copies will expedite processing and lower the costs of scanning material. Contact Alicia LaFerriere at 231-9478 for details.
Adoption Changes incurring expenses for the NDSU Bookstore after buyback and ordering have taken place will result in departments being charged for those expenses.
Desk Copies must be requested directly from the publisher. We DO NOT buy back complimentary desk copies of textbooks from faculty. If a textbook has been adopted to use on campus and you want a copy for yourself, ask the publisher if they will provide you with a DESK copy. If you want to preview textbooks from different publishers in order to make an adoption decision, ask the publisher for an EXAMINATION or REVIEW copy.
** If you need a copy of the book from the NDSU Bookstore before your desk copy comes in, we will charge your department for the copy. Please charge books at the customer service counter at the front of the store. Books purchased new MUST be in the new saleable condition or it will only be refunded at 50%. Books purchased used will be refunded at the used price. Any questions on this process, please contact Alicia LaFerriere at the Textbook department at 231-9478 email@example.com
The Faculty Center Network is the resource for faculty to review college-level textbooks and make decisions about textbook adoptions. Browse items in hundreds of subject areas from thousands of publishers.
Some reminders when completing the course material adoptions:
PLEASE Fill out the forms online completely! If you e-mail or phone us with your adoption in we will need all the following information as well. Update any information needed including, class number, office phone, etc.
1. The adoption history for your class is available online.
2. In the ordering process, you have four choices for indicating your preference for book purchases.
- REQUIRED (absolutely necessary and you will use it in class),
- RECOMMENDED (would be useful but not a requirement),
- OPTIONAL (usually for study aids etc.), and
- NO TEXT REQUIRED (Self explanatory).
Please consider students with accessibility needs when choosing course materials. The NDSU Bookstore works closely with Disability Services and the Division of Equity, Diversity and Global Outreach to meet the needs of all students. How you use the book in class is extremely important to students and to the bookstore in making buying decisions. Please note continuation/sequence classes so we do not over order.
* Please take care to indicate the appropriate choice as this communicates to your students whether they are required to have the book or not.
3. If choosing a package that students will be required to purchase, please consider whether ALL COMPONENTS
in the package will be used.
4. Indicate if students will need a Turning Technology Response Card NXT, sometimes referred to as a "Clicker". If yes, please also indicate whether you would allow students to use the smartphone/laptop app version as well.
5. We will clear copyright for you! If you will be having students purchase a course pack with items needing copyright clearance, please view the above information on course packs. You can also contact Jennifer Autumnstar at 231-5744 or firstname.lastname@example.org
6. If a class is a continuation or sequence class, please indicate that in the message box so we do not order books for the entire class again.
7. We would like to receive a copy of your syllabus. This will give us book usage information so we don't return your course materials too soon.
8. If you wish the bookstore to stock specific supplies (goggles, calculators, art supplies, graphing paper, additional recommended reading lists, etc.), it is helpful if you contact the appropriate department manager and give him or her enough lead time to get the materials in. These materials can also be added to your online adoptions!